Unintentionally Funny?

I caught Stuart Gordon's film, Stuck, tonight starring Mena Suvari and Stephen Rea.  I'd seen bits and pieces of it before, but this was the first time I had seen it all the way through.  Basically, it's about a woman who strikes a homeless man with her car while under the influence, and then proceeds to spend the rest of the film figuring out what to do with him while he continues to protrude from her windshield.  I am relatively certain that this was a plot from an episode of one of the CSI shows as well.

The film revels in incredibly bonehead reactions to the different problems in the film, which adds to the dark humour and absurdity that Gordon was likely going for, but I think the scene that stood out for me was when Suvari confronted her boyfriend's booty call, played by Sharlene Royer, and proceeded to beat her, while naked no less and with a frying pan, out of the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment