Why Don't You Give Me Some Love?

I caught part of the new video from James Blunt, "Stay the Night", earlier today.  I haven't necessarily been inspired to look it up on YouTube yet -- despite being catching, it felt fairly samey compared to his other work.  It did, however, make me go back an listen to his second album, All the Lost Souls.  Although the songs from his first disc, especially "You're Beautiful", got incredibly overplayed, I still quite like him.  His second disc I thought was better, so, of course it got less notice.

In general, it's fairly straight-forward guitar rock.  Kind of like David Bowie, minus the weird, and dialling the ennui up to eleven.  While listening to the album, though, I did notice that backing riff for "Carry You Home" is essentially Snow Patrol's "Run".

No comments:

Post a Comment